- share all the material you can; share this article on how to make a tear gas mask or this post on the rundown of the situation in ferguson or this livestream link to the peaceful protests in ferguson
- don’t you DARE make this about yourself or how you hate when people blame “all white people” for “the actions of a few corrupt cops”
- this is not about you THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU DO YOU HEAR ME THIS IS NOT ABOUT WHITE PEOPLE
- do you fucking understand me share all the shit you can to make noise about what’s going on but THIS IS NOT YOUR TIME TO GIVE SOME LENGTHY OPINION ABOUT HOW YOU HATE COPS WHEN YOUR LIFE IS NOT LITERALLY THREATENED BY OUR RACIST CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM EVERY DAY. THIS IS NOT YOUR TIME TO “SYMPATHIZE” WITH BLACK POCS ON HOW YOU LOVE TO JUST SAY “FUCK THE POLICE” TOO. THIS IS NOT SOME CUTE TREND.
- THIS IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH AND THIS IS ABOUT ANTI BLACK RACISM AND IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU. DO NOT SPEAK OVER ANYONE.
A new font tailored for people afflicted with dyslexia is now available for use on mobile devices, thanks to a design by Abelardo Gonzalez, a mobile app designer from New Hampshire. Gonzalez, in collaboration with educators, has selected a font that many people with dyslexia find easier to read. Even better, the new font is free and has already been made available for some word processors and ebook readers. The font, called OpenDyslexic, has also been added to the font choices used by Instapaper—a program that allows users to copy a web page and save it to their hard drive.
ALRIGHT TUMBLR. To be honest, I’m not the kind of person who reblogs a lot of feminist and rape awareness posts, but this is something that I think needs a LOT more attention than what it has. I haven’t seen anything about this on this site yet, which is really surprising.
It’s pretty simple. This guy, Ken Hoinsky, wrote a book called Above the Game: A Guide to Getting Awesome with Women and made a Kickstarter project to fund it. In this book, Hoinsky encourages readers to use methods that are considered sexual assault.
With a total of 732 backers, Hoinsky raised a total of $16,369. However, Kickstarter’s terms and conditions prohibits content that is “threatening, abusive” or “offensive.” It also “reserves the right to suspend a campaign at any time and for any reason.”
BUT GET THIS. DoSomething.org went to deliver the petition and they were not allowed into the Kickstarter headquarters. On top of that, Kickstarter was deleting facebook posts on their page that pertained to this project.
DoSomething.org is doing everything it can to get Kickstarter’s attention as well as sway the author into reworking his book as to prevent the encouragement of harmful behavior.
Please bring attention to this. You can still sign the petition. This isn’t just one man committing sexual assault, it’s one man encouraging hundreds of others to commit sexual assault. There are 732 backers, meaning at the very least, 732 people who want a book on how to treat women like trash.
EVERYBODY SHOULD READ THIS!!!!!!!!!
REBLOG…IT CAN SAVE A LIFE OR TWO!!!
WARNING: Some knew about the red light on cars, but not Dialing 112.
An UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her and put his lights on. Lauren’s parents have always told her to never pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road, but rather to wait until they get to a gas station, etc.
Lauren had actually listened to her parents advice, and promptly called, 112 on her cell phone to tell the police dispatcher that she would not pull over right away. She proceeded to tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if there were police cars where she was and there weren’t, and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back up already on the way.
Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground. The man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.
I never knew about the 112 Cell Phone feature. I tried it on my AT&T phone & it said, “Dialing Emergency Number.”
Especially for a woman alone in a car, you should not pull over for an unmarked car. Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going on to a safe place.
*Speaking to a service representative at Bell Mobility confirmed that 112 was a direct link to State trooper info. So, now it’s your turn to let your friends know about “Dialing, 112”
You may want to send this to every Man, Woman & Youngster you know; it may well save a life.
This applies to ALL 50 states
PLEASE PASS ALONG TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY, IT CAN SAVE A LIFE….
From Dorset Police, with reference to the UK:
The original internet version of this story originated in the USA – it refers to red flashing lights and uses the term ‘dispatcher’. It is not believed that this happened in Dorset.
The number 112 does work to connect to 999 in case European visitors use it in a hurry (it being their equivalent). You would still need reception on your mobile phone to be connected to an operator.
The 999 number should always be dialled in an emergency , when life is in danger, or a crime is in progress.
You do have to stop for unmarked cars that signal you to do so, but officers would be understanding where someone rang the police, or otherwise sought to confirm the car was a police one, before stopping.
I was just given information to spread around about a group of guys drugging female cosplayers in order to take advantage of them. They call themselves the GROPECREW. Please warn and spread this around! The user can be found here.
And let me make something clear… even if this IS someone trolling, I would rather make this dick-bag famous for being a twisted piece of shit than chance someone being attacked.
STICK TOGETHER, LADIES!!!
Found this post on Facebook, and thought it would be best to pass it around here.
I’ve seen a lot of posts on my dash tonight about users who are threatening suicide, with other Tumblr members posting in effort to try to get ahold of them. I think you all should see this:
IF THERE IS EVER A TUMBLR USER WHO HAS POSTED A GOOD-BYE MESSAGE, SUICIDE NOTE, VIDEO, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST.
1. Scroll to the top of your dashboard.
2. See the circular question mark icon at the top? It’s the third one over from your home symbol. Click on that, and a screen similar to the one in the picture will come up.
3. Where you can type in questions, the box with the magnifying glass at the top, type in the word “suicide.”
4. Click on the first link that shows up. It should say, “Pass the URL of the blog on to us.”
5. Type in the user’s URL and tell Tumblr admin that the user is contemplating suicide and has posted a message indicating that they are going through with it or will be attempting. Hit send! Tumblr administration will perform a number of actions to contact the user and take the necessary steps to prevent the suicide.
TUMBLR: THIS COULD SAVE A USER’S LIFE. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE SUICIDE THREATS.
Reblog this to keep other users aware. Suicide isn’t a joke, and neither is someone’s life. If you didn’t know this, someone else may not, either. Pass it on.
This is my fifteen year old sister, Hannah. She has a cyst on her pineal gland, which is in the middle of her brain. (From what I understand, a cyst is like a tumor but filled with liquid.) We’ve known about it for about two years, and it constantly gives her horrific headaches, that can last weeks. Her vision is getting very bad because of it too, and so is her quality of life, she’s started fainting and had a couple seizures recently. Just last week we had a Skype conference with one of the two neurosurgeons, in the world, who would potentially perform the surgery to remove it. (A lot of people have trouble getting this surgery approved, but because Hannah’s is one of the largest cysts in one of the youngest patients, it was approved.) Praise God. The surgery will take place in June, but only if we can pay the $50,000. We really need help raising this money.
This is the link to the fundraising site.
Any amount helps.
Please keep her in your prayers.
Seriously guys, get on this. If my followers alone donated a dollar each it would make a huge difference. Please, you don’t know what this means to me, or Hannah, Natalie and Timmy for that matter.
Even if you can’t donate, reblogging helps too.
Hi everyone, just wanted to ask y’all for a simple favor real quick.
I know I probably have a lot of UK followers who’ll be watching the new Doctor Who episode in about an hour. And you’re gonna wanna reblog gifsets and quotes and jokes and stuff, and that’s super cool! I’m reallylooking forward to this one, though, and it’d mean a lot to me if I could watch it at 8PM (which is I think 1:00 for you guys?) without spoilers! I haven’t had that much of a problem with it in the past, but every now and then something slips through the cracks (lolgeddit) and it’s annoying.
So if you could please remember to tag your spoilers, that’d be wonderful! I’m tumblr savioring everything tagged “doctor who” and “spoilers” until 9:00. So please remember, for my sake and the rest of your American Whovian followers, to tag your posts! Thanks :D
Also everyone should do that for the Australian fans too. I watch it online so that I don’t have to wait (geeky hey) but a lot of the Aussie fans don’t so keep on tagging your spoilers so that no one has to be spoiled! :)
Having lived in Florida my whole life and dealt with my share of Hurricanes here’s a list of tips and tricks to getting through a hurricane as safely and happily as you can.
- DO NOT RUN A GENERATOR INDOORS. It can kill you within minutes due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Can’t afford one or live in a condo? Candles are your best friends, as are mini grills, Sterno stoves and radios.
- Board up your windows, yes it’s a pain in the ass, but that two hours you spend doing that can save both your lives, your possessions and hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of water damage and window repair.
- Stay in a room with little or no windows or doors to the outside. Bathrooms are your best bet, put pillows and blankets in the bathtub for a comfortable and safe nest.
- Does your bathroom have windows? Get in a closet and do the same thing.
- Your animals (especially cats) will find hiding places within your house, so if you can’t locate them, be assured that they are safe and sound tucked away in a corner where they feel safe.
- Get a suitcase and fill it with your most valuable/prized possessions, just in case a window were to blow in, you know your favorite things are safe, that way you don’t need to go into that room to get anything.
- LOCK YOUR DOORS and if you can, push a dresser or other heavy piece of furniture in front of it for extra security.
- NEVER ever drink/use tap water during or a week after a hurricane, always boil it first or drink/use bottled water.
- Flashlights are great if you don’t like the idea of burning candles around your house.
- If your family members aren’t going to be in the same room, get walkie talkies, hurricanes are loud and it can be hard to hear each other sometimes.
- DON’T GO OUTSIDE. I DON’T CARE IF YOU THINK YOU’RE A BADASS, YOU CAN EASILY BE IMPALED OR OTHERWISE MAIMED BY DEBRIS AND SHRAPNEL.
- If a tornado spawns from the hurricane and you do not have a basement or other safe place to ride out out in, get under your mattress as fast as you can. Yes it will be heavy and uncomfortable, but it will shield you from any falling pictures, flying debris and will hold you down nice and steady from any winds.
- Books are your best friends once the power goes out, it can be really calming to read and once the tv and internet goes off, there isn’t much else to do.
- While you still have power, make sure to charge up all of the electronics you think you could need over the next week so that if you loose power, you will at least have them for some of the time.
- Make sure your cellphone is charged up, but don’t use it for anything but emergency calls.
- Cordless phones won’t work, but on-the-wall phones will.
- Fill up your bathtub and sinks with water, this way you can bathe/flush toilets without wasting your good consuming water.
- Be safe guys.
Anyone found doing this will cease to exist.
If I see a single motherfucker attacking a single dog of ANY breed, so help me that motherfucker will bleed
Because I didn’t want this buried in a reblog:
The city has ordered a mandatory evacuation for everyone living in ZONE A
These are generally low-lying areas in all 5 boros including areas such as Coney Island and Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn, the Rockaways in Queens, parts of Lower Manhattan, etc.
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU LIVE IN ZONE A:
WNYC has an interactive map on their website where you can type in your address and it will show you exactly which zone you live in.
Link to map HERE
This is also helpful for those of you who have family or neighbors who are not internet savvy so please help them out too so they don’t have to rely on calling 311 (which is probably hammered).
OKAY I LIVE IN ZONE A, BUT WHERE DO I GO?
Preferably you have friends and family elsewhere that you can stay with. Failing that, the city has evacuation shelters if you have nowhere to go, PETS ARE ALLOWED and each of them is wheelchair accessible but parking is limited so they are asking that you take public transit.
A full list of city evacuation shelters is available HERE. Multiple languages are available.
Please stay safe out there.
(Please, please, PLEASE signal boost this. I’m not in much danger right now compared to them. But I do have friends living in NYC.)
If you get a message from a Skype contact that looks like this:
DO NOT CLICK THE LINK. It’s ransomware that will lock your computer up, accusing you of possession of child pornography, and threaten to alert the authorities unless a $200 payment is made. And then pass the link along to all your Skype contacts.
SERIOUSLY, DON’T CLICK IT.
If you’ve already been infected, or if you know someone who has, instructions for removing the virus are under the cut.
❤ April Jones, 5, abducted
Last seen on the evening of 1st October, on a bicycle near her home in Machynlleth, Wales. She was then seen getting into a grey or light-coloured van. The first photo shows what she was wearing at the time, along with a purple padded coat.
» Please reblog so we can get April’s picture circulated on Tumblr.
» If you have any information, please call the dedicated hotline: 0300 2000 333
They said the van might be a land rover, too.
With abductions it’s not unusual to travel over to mainland Europe to escape the police in the UK, so this isn’t just for people in Britain. If you live in France, Germany, Belgium, Spain, The Netherlands or anywhere else in mainland Europe, please keep a look out for this little girl!
It has just come out that the Twitter account so many people thought was run by Caitlin Blackwood was, in fact, run by an imposter.
Caitlin’s mother posted this picture on her Twitter account as proof:
She also sent me a message asking me to spread the word about this. So please, if you see this, reblog it to help get the word out!
As for the card, I see no reason it cannot still be sent to Steven and Amanda as planned. The way they were treated on Twitter is still completely unacceptable, and they should still know they have the support of their fans.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to read and reblog this! :)